Provincial French Language Service Coordinator Network
The French-language service (FLS) landscape has changed significantly in the past few years. Some key elements include the:
- Creation of six French language health planning entities
- Reorganization of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (Ministry's) Office of French Language Services, in consideration of the stewardship environment under which the Ministry and LHINs operate, and
- Establishment of FLS coordinators in all 14 LHINs.
To ensure a consistent, provincial approach to the strategic development and implementation of FLS within the LHINs and externally in the health care system, some activities need to be coordinated among LHINs. It is understood that while many activities have common elements across all LHINs, each LHIN will be responsible for activities that are local in nature.
The need to work together towards a cohesive provincial approach in FLS aligns with the overarching goals of creating a culture of collaboration, improved use of human resources and ensuring better consistency.
Mandate and Objectives
- The Network will work collaboratively to develop and implement consistent provincial approaches to strategic FLS priorities, always applying best practices.
- The Network will also act as a liaison on matters impacting the development and implementation of FLS across Ontario.
- The role of the Network does not supersede the responsibility of individual LHIN FLS coordinators regarding local FLS development and implementation.