LHIN Community Engagement Guidelines
Community engagement is an essential function and core value of the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), in alignment with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 .
As the LHINs have matured, engagement planning and evaluation have become embedded in regular planning and project management processes. The goal of the LHIN Community Engagement Guidelines (revised in 2016) is to support LHINs as they engage, plan, and fund their local health care and service-delivery systems.
The Guidelines include:
- Key LHIN engagement requirements
- Triple Aim framework, which supports a population-health focus
- International Association of Public Participation guiding principles
- Situational suggestions and principles
- Ways to identify documentation and evaluation components of engagement activity.
Additional resource: Community Engagement Tracking Template (Excel)